Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How to Have Your Best Recession EVER Tip #10


Make A Gratitude List Every Day

I have found this to be an essential tool whenever things are not going my way. If I'm feeling upset, angry, sad, or freaked out about the future, doing a gratitude list always helps to alter my mood. A gratitude list is simply taking stock of what you can recognize you are grateful for right now (because all we have is right now). There's no limit on how many things to list, I generally find that five or six in the morning sets me on the right course. My list may include:

I am grateful for my partner today
I am grateful I am still alive today
I am grateful for my apartment today
I am grateful my family is healthy today
I am grateful for my work today
I am grateful for the 13 people who read this blog every day

See how it goes? Making a gratitude list every day is like working out a muscle—the more often you do it, the better it makes you feel. I encourage any one reading this to share with me what you feel grateful for in the comments below. I guarantee if you do this several times every day, then you will definitely have your Best Recession EVER!

2 comments:

Irene Palma said...

I am grateful I have this blog to read everyday! And surely it's more than 13 - you're being modest.

Samantha said...

I like the iPhone app Gratitude Journal. Makes it easy. And you can add a photo. And then you have them all handy to look back at.