Saturday, March 26, 2011

40 Lessons Of 40: #31-40

In thirty days I am turning 40-years-old. I am counting down the 40 lessons that have helped me to live, to love, to laugh, and to cope with loss.  These are lessons that make my life easier and more peaceful now, and lessons that would have made my life a lot easier and more peaceful when I was in my twenties.  They may not change the whole world, but I guarantee they will change the way you see the whole world.

So please help me celebrate forty years by coming back and reading these life lessons.  If you like, please share on Facebook, Twitter, whatever mode of communication you enjoy the most.

Lesson #31: There Is No Universal Consensus of "Sexy"
Lesson #32: When In Doubt Ask How To Help
Lesson #33: "Young People Today" Are No Different From Young People Yesterday
Lesson #34: It Is Insane To Argue With The Weather
Lesson #35: Random Acts Of Kindness Can Save The World
Lesson #36: Liberation Is Having The Audacity To Ask, "Why The Hell Not?" 
Lesson #37: There Are No Small Jobs, Just Small People
Lesson #38: This Too Will Pass
Lesson #39: "This Ain't No Dress Rehearsal"
Lesson #40: There Are Billions Of Dollars Invested In Me Feeling Scared And Sad About Turning 40

Damon L. Jacobs is a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist seeing individuals and couples in New York City. He specializes in issues related to addiction, ageism, bullying, caretaking fatigue, grief and loss, gay/lesbian issues, stress management, depression, as well as couples in non-traditional arrangements. He is the author of "Absolutely Should-less: The Secret to Living the Stress-Free Life You Deserve." To have him speak with your group, or to schedule a counseling visit, call 347-227-7707, or email at Shouldless@gmail.com

No comments: