Sunday, December 19, 2010

Should-less Ipod


This may be completely off-topic, but I think this is a valuable piece of information for anyone who has become completely addicted to their iPod, as I have.  Earlier today on my way to work my iPod died.  It simply went to sleep and didn't wake up.  When I got home, it did not connect with my computer.  I was getting ready to bury the thing and figure out how to budget to get a new one.

Then I found this helpful piece of information online:

Reset Click Wheel Ipod (newer ipods including resetting an ipod video)
1. Flip the Hold switch on and off and make sure it ends up no longer on hold.
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons (center Button) until the Apple logo appears (may take 5-11 seconds, and you may need to repeat this step)

I did these steps and viola!  My iPod came back to life.  All the music, all the settings still there.

It can be easy when we are stressed about holidays to slow down and problem solve effectively.  This was a reminder to me (1) not to put my affection and faith into mechanical objects that will at some point die, and (2) ask for help when said mechanical object fails.

Damon L. Jacobs is a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist seeing individuals and couples in New York City. He specializes in issues related to addiction, bullying, caretaking fatigue, gay/lesbian issues, stress management, depression, and with couples in non-traditional arrangements. He is also the author of "Absolutely Should-less: The Secret to Living the Stress-Free Life You Deserve." To schedule a visit, email at Shouldless@gmail.com

No comments: